For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the "Act"), the data controller is SKIS ROSSIGNOL of 98 rue Louis Barran, 38430 St Jean de Moirans, FRANCE, whose data protection registration number is ZA285148.
I.INFORMATION ROSSIGNOL MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our Website or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you submit a message or comment via our Website and when you report a problem with our Website. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address, website address and phone number.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our Website we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our Website (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers) and may receive information about you from them.
USES MADE OF THIS INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other products and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you;]
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our Website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our Website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or device;
- as part of our efforts to keep our Website safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Website about products or services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
II.DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Website.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If SKIS ROSSIGNOL or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by SKIS ROSSIGNOL (including your data) about its customers, suppliers and correspondents will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by ticking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at 98 rue Louis Barran, 38430 St Jean de Moirans, FRANCE.
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Although we implement strict technical and security measures to prevent and minimise the risks associated with handling personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Website; any transmission is at your own risk.
The measures we implement include (where appropriate) the use of firewalls and secure server installation, as well as the implementation of management systems and processes, appropriate access rights and a selection of additional security features to protect against unauthorised use, access or disclosure of personal data. We also use standard security measures, such as Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), to protect the confidentiality and security of any online transactions.
However unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. You should note that our Website is not encrypted (except in respect of any financial transactions). In addition, please be aware that we are responsible for "phishing" or for your use of any “pirate” or false websites.
V.DATA TRANSFER OUTSIDE THE EU
Our products and services may be provided using resources and servers located around the world. Thus, your data may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. In such cases, we will ensure that these transfers comply with the applicable legal framework and ensure that an adequate level of protection is provided to your personal data, as required by applicable law. For example, we will use standard agreements approved by competent authorities (if necessary) and enquire about other technical security measures and appropriate organisational information which have been implemented.
Cookies are a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser, the hard drive of your computer or on your mobile device. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive or mobile device. These cookies record your browsing on our Website and store data entered during your visit (page views, date and time of the consultation, form, etc.) to allow us to produce statistics, to store information included in a form filled on our Website.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our Website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to submit a question or query on our Website.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our Website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our Website. This enables us to personalise our content for you and remember your preferences.
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our Website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our site more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.]
You can refuse to accept cookies through configuring your computer set up but that limitation may limit our ability to provide all the services or functionality of our Website. You can do this in the following ways:
On Mozilla FirefoxTM :
1.Choose “Tools” and “Options”
2.Click on “Privacy”
3.Click on “Cookies” and select options you prefer
On Microsoft Internet ExplorerTM:
1.Choose “Tools” > “Internet Options”
2.Click on “Confidentiality”
3.Select the level of confidentiality you prefer
1.Choose “Edition” > “Preferences”
2.Click on “Personal Data”
1.Choose “Edition” > “Preferences”
2.Click on “Personal Data”
1.Choose “Preferences” > ”Advanced” > “Cookies”
Please consult the menu “Help” of your Internet browser for more information.
You may also be able to configure your mobile device to limit the collection of cookies, but again, that limitation may also limit our ability to provide all the services or functionality of our Website.
Some of Rossignol’s partners may place cookies which are accessible from certain parts of our Website. The issue and the use of such cookies are subject to the privacy policies of these third party companies.
In addition, our Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of Rossignol’s partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. It may also include software applications from third parties, which allows you to share content from our Website to other people or to make known to those others your opinion or your opinion about content of our Website (for example, "Share" and "Like" buttons from social networks such as Facebook, Twitter, etc.).
If you follow a link to any third party websites from our Website or use any third party software applications on our Website, please note that these third parties have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. We invite you to check these policies before you submit any personal data to these third parties.
When you access our Website via a mobile or portable device, we may need to determine your location so that we can provide you with some of our mobile functions (for example, to help you to locate the nearest Rossignol store). We do not actively track or monitor your real time location, but by accessing our Website via a mobile or portable device, we will record your location and the date, time, and duration of your use. We do not share your location data with third parties. If you do not want to share this information, you can disable the use of location services in your mobile device settings.
IX.STATUS OF THIS POLICY AND YOUR CONSENT