SKIS ROSSIGNOL SAS undertakes, in its capacity as data controller, to respect the confidential nature of your personal data in accordance with the French Data Protection Act (LIL) of 6 January 1978, amended by the law of 21 June 2018, and Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 ("GDPR") and more generally with all the legal provisions in force (hereinafter collectively the "Applicable Law"). These conditions (the "Conditions") explain:
- how the company SKIS ROSSIGNOL in its capacity as data controller, hereinafter “ROSSIGNOL”, “we” or “the ROSSIGNOL Group”) collects and uses your personal data in its stores and through its online services. Our online services include our mobile applications (referenced on this website), websites published by SKIS ROSSIGNOL, including this website, our social media accounts, and any other online services (collectively, the "Website"). Your personal data are collected, in particular, when you create an account or make an online purchase on our Website, when you sign up to receive newsletters from us or from our subsidiaries or when you participate in competitions or events organized by ROSSIGNOL and/or its subsidiaries (collectively the "Services").
- Your rights.
You will find our contact details under the heading Legal Notices.
Note: The Website is aimed at the general public and is not designed for or aimed at children under the age of 16. We do not knowingly target people under the age of 16 and we do not collect personal information about them.
Personal data are any data that directly or indirectly identify you. They include, for example, your name, your email address, your telephone number, your IP address, etc., and this list is not exhaustive. We may collect this information directly from you when you provide it to us (when you create an account on our Website, if you sign up for our Newsletters, for example) or indirectly (see our "Cookies" section).
1.1 Based on your consent, we use processing for the following purposes:
We may collect and process personal data based on your express consent when:
- You sign up for our Newsletters. We then periodically send communications about promotions, offers relating to our products and Services; and/or
- You apply directly for one of our job and/or internship opportunities, and/or
- You have agreed to accept cookies on your electronic devices, when these cookies are not strictly necessary for the functioning of the Website (see our "Cookies" policy); and/or
- You have participated in one of our competitions, organized by Rossignol and/or one of its subsidiaries and/or partners identified in the competition rules. You will find all information relating to the processing of your data for each competition in the competition rules; and/or
- You have registered for our Rossignol Loyalty Programme; and/or
- You have granted us permission to use your photographs and/or videos posted on social networks in the public arena after answering #yesrossignol in response to our request (see ourTerms and Conditions of Use #yesrossignol) and/or
- You create an account/install and use one or more of our mobile applications (listed on the Website);
- When you access the Website on a mobile device, you may need to determine your location only if you give your prior consent so that we can provide you with the most accurate information possible (Store Locator, for example). We do not share this location with any third parties. If you do not want to share this information, you can opt out of using location services in the app settings at any time.
- Conducting market research based on your express and prior consent.
1.2 In order to create and carry out a contract, we use processing for the following purposes:
- You purchase products or services online or in our stores. Processing your personal data is therefore essential to provide you with the products and/or services you request from us,
- Implementation of guarantees, and provision of after-sales service;
- Implementation of collection and use of any loyalty benefits you may have to complete your purchases;
- To manage any contractual commitment between us and requiring the provision of personal data of signatories or participants in the formalisation of said contractual commitment and/or for its implementation.
1.3 Based on compliance with our statutory and regulatory obligations, we implement processing for the following purposes:
- Retention of mandatory documents relating to transactions completed (purchases in store or on the Website), especially with regard to our accounting and tax obligations;
- Management of accounts;
- To meet our statutory obligations, including but not limited to employment law should you be hired;
- Management of requests to exercise rights.
- More generally, to comply with regulations that apply to our business
1.4 Based on our legitimate interests, we use processing for the following purposes :
- Management of your requests for information and complaints;
- Prevention and combatting fraud;
- Establishment of any means of proof necessary to defend our rights;
- Management of cookies without consent;
- Producing statistics and analyses with a view to improving our services and products and our Websites.
If we are required to process your personal data for purposes other than those listed here, we will inform you when we carry out the processing in question and will take any necessary measures.
Depending on the purposes pursued (see Section 1 COLLECTION AND PURPOSES OF PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA BY ROSSIGNOL), the personal data collected may include:
- Your identity (including surname, first name, age, gender, nationality, image);
- Your contact details (including your postal address, email address, telephone number)
- Your qualifications, professional background or other information necessary and /or required by law for your potential employment, if you have applied for one of our job offers;
- Your preferences (including your measurements based on purchases made with a view to making essential adjustments, if need be);
Your location via a mobile device available on certain mobile applications listed on this website, only if you give your prior consent so that we can provide you with the most accurate information possible (Store Locator, for example), and/or to provide you with location services at your request within the specific framework of the mobile application concerned. We do not share this location with any third parties. If you do not want to share this information, you can opt out of using location services in the app settings at any time.
- Other information that you give us when filling in forms or contacting us (by phone, email, or other means). In this case, we will inform you of the use and type of processing on a case-by-case basis.
Failure to provide certain requested information may delay or render impossible our processing of your request, make it impossible to answer your questions and/or provide the products and/or services, and/or formalize a contract between you and us. As such, certain data are mandatory (shown by * in the forms), and you are informed that without them, we will not be able to process your request.
We recommend that you provide only the requested data or those necessary for your request. The Rossignol Group does not request or process sensitive data such as data revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, data concerning your sex life or sexual orientation, religious or philosophical beliefs, as well as health data (except in very specific cases for which there is a statutory obligation (employment law) or after obtaining your express consent and putting in place appropriate measures).
In order to determine the periods of retention of your personal data, we have taken into account the reasons (purposes) for which we collect these data, the legal basis of processing them (see our Article 1 COLLECTION AND PURPOSES OF PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA BY ROSSIGNOL), and where applicable the mandatory statutory periods for certain processing activities, as well as CNIL recommendations.
More generally, your personal data will be processed for the duration required to achieve the purpose of that processing.
Thus, for example:
- If you have a customer account, your personal data will be kept for a maximum of 5 years from the point when your account becomes inactive.
- If you sign up for one of our newsletters, and are not a customer, your email address will be deleted after 3 years of inactivity (no interaction with us). The 3-year period starts when we exchange emails or receive a request for information.
- If you have participated in a competition, the data provided will be kept for 3 years from the last contact;
- Invoices and other mandatory documents relating to commercial transactions are kept for the duration of the current financial year, plus 10 years from the end of that year (accounting and tax obligations);
- Your requests to exercise rights, disputes and claims: exchanges are kept for five (5) years as proof;
- Use of accepted or essential cookies cannot exceed 13 consecutive months;
- The duration indicated in any contract between you and ROSSIGNOL or one of its subsidiaries.
Nonetheless, we remind you that when processing is based solely on your consent, you can at any time ask us to delete your personal data (see article "Your rights")
We only disclose your personal data to those who need to access them and who are authorized to process them for the purposes shown above and who undertake to respect their confidentiality.
In this way, we may disclose your personal information:
- internally to departments in charge of customer relations, e-commerce, marketing and communications, legal matters, finance, our IT departments and to the HR department for contact with candidates
- to third parties acting on our behalf and based on our instructions, fixed contractually under the Applicable Law. Communication of some of your data is necessary in order to:
o Ensure delivery of your purchases/ensure delivery of any competition prizes;
o Authenticate/receive payments and process orders where applicable,
o Have your data hosted by specialized service providers as part of our mobile applications/Services;
o Host and conduct market research subject to obtaining your prior consent,
o Fulfil the contract signed between you, us and a potential partner if applicable.
These service providers are subject to obligations regarding confidentiality and are not authorized to use your data for purposes other than those set out herein or those of which you have previously been informed.
We may be required by mandatory provisions of applicable law, or as part of any court proceedings or other legal claim, to disclose your personal data to authorities or third parties.
We may also disclose or process your personal data in accordance with applicable law to defend our legitimate interests (for example, in civil or criminal proceedings). For example, we may disclose the personal data mentioned above if necessary to identify, contact or take legal action against an individual or a legal entity who fails to comply with our Terms and Conditions of Sale or Use, or who disturbs or causes harm to other users of our Website.
In any case, we undertake not to sell your personal data. Unless otherwise provided for by law, ROSSIGNOL undertakes not to share or communicate your personal data to any third party for purposes:
- of which you have not previously been informed, and
- for which you have not given your prior and express consent.
We take all necessary technical and security measures to prevent and minimise the risks associated with provision of your personal data. Where applicable, these measures include use of firewalls, installation of a secure server, implementation of appropriate systems and processes for managing access rights, a rigorous selection of tools and any other measures necessary to ensure appropriate protection of your personal data against any unauthorized use or disclosure. For online transactions, we will use standard security measures, such as those available through Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), to protect the confidentiality and security of online transactions.
However, security breaches and errors can occur and we do not guarantee complete security of personal information. Except for financial transactions, you must be aware that the Website is not encrypted. You should take into account that "Phishing" is a common practice just like website hacking or the existence of fake websites, for which we cannot be held responsible.
Our products and services may be provided using resources and servers distributed around the world. As such, your data may be transferred outside the European Union. In this case, we ensure that this transfer complies with the applicable statutory framework, that you are guaranteed an adequate level of protection for your personal data in accordance with applicable law, for example, by using standard agreements approved by the competent authorities (if necessary) and by requesting that other appropriate technical and organizational information security measures are implemented.
In accordance with the provisions of the French Data Protection Act of 6 January 1978 and General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 of 27 April 2016, you have the right to access, rectify, erase, limit processing, oppose processing and oppose use of your data for commercial purposes, or oppose their transferability with regard to personal data that concern you, within the limits and under the conditions provided for by the applicable Law. These rights may be exercised free of charge. Finally, you have the right to set out general and specific instructions defining how you intend these rights to be exercised following your death, under the conditions defined by decree. You can exercise these rights by contacting us at the following address: SKIS ROSSIGNOL – 98 rue Louis Barran – 38430 SAINT-JEAN-DE-MOIRANS (FRANCE) or send an email via our website, under "Contact us" or to email@example.com
We would also to inform you that exercising the aforementioned rights may be limited by or conditional upon the legal basis of the processing. Nevertheless, where processing is carried out on the legal basis of your consent, you may unconditionally and at any time exercise all of the rights mentioned above.
Some of ROSSIGNOL's partner companies may issue cookies from certain areas accessible on the Website. The distribution and use of these cookies are subject to the privacy protection policies of these companies.
In addition, we may include computer applications from third parties on the Website which allow you to share content from the Website with other people or to let these other people know of your browsing or your opinion concerning content from the Website. This is particularly the case for "Share", "Like" buttons from social networks such as Facebook, Twitter, etc.
Please review these social networks' privacy protection policies in order to familiarise yourself with the purposes for which information collected through these social networks may be used, particularly for advertising purposes. These protection policies must allow you to exercise your choices with these social networks, in particular by setting up your accounts for using each of these networks.
When you access the Website on a mobile device (mobile application), you may only have to determine your location if you give your prior consent so that we can provide you with the most accurate information possible (Store Locator, for example) or provide you with services requested in connection with geolocation. We do not share this location with any third parties. If you no longer want to share this information, you can opt out of using location services in the app settings at any time.
These Terms and Conditions supersede any information previously provided about our personal data practices. They are not intended to replace any other agreement or conditions you may have with us under any particular agreement. We reserve the right to amend these Terms and Conditions at any time.