Material Guide/ Alpine skis
Our 3 tips for choosing your skis
You want to buy your own pair of skis? You're struggling to differentiate one from another? Difficult to decide? Here are some tips to help you make your choice and select the model that suits you best.
1) Evaluate your level
Before buying your skis, it is essential to define your technical level. A pair adapted to your level, will provide maximum pleasure and comfort!
• Beginner: skiing is brand new! You alternate skid and snowplow. You can ski at low speed on green and blue runs.
• Intermediate: you can turn with parallel skis, you begin to feel comfortable and evolve on red runs.
• Confirmed: no matter the colour, you can manage any track, but of course there is always room for improvements.
• Expert: skiing is your thing. Your technique allows you to experience thrills and chills as intense on and off-track, you control all types of terrain and know all the technical turns.
2) Determine your skiing
All Rossignol skis are parabolic skis but features vary depending on the practice, even if the trend is the versatility! To find a model for your use and your needs, you must set the field on which you want to evolve.
• All Mountain: You love the slopes but are open to going outside the boundries , when conditions allow! Opt for a versatile ski with autoturn rocker technology you will be comfortable on all types of snow.
3) Choose the size of your skis
The size of your skis depends on your height but also on your level and your skiing. Short skis allow better handling and long skis offer more stability and more lift. A beginner or an avid Freestyler will opt for skis up to the nose while experienced skiers, a speed freak or a Freerider prefer a longer ski.
To help you determine your ideal size ski, please refer to our size guide.
To buy skis that meet your needs, you need to consider three criteria: your level, your practice and your size. You can then direct your choice depending on the graphics and your budget. But do not forget that choosing the right pair of skis will help you have better control of your movements, perfect your technique and especially to maximize your enjoyment!
For more advice, see our video "coaching program" on this subject.