The new binding technology Xelium has been rewarded at ISPO AWARD 2012!
This system has been developped with the permanent target to minimize the impact on the environment, with the help of the independent swiss agency “Quantis” who have made a life cycle assessment. They determined precisely what are the benefits, comparing with a traditional binding system :
- The impact on human health (carcinogens, etc…) is reduced by 38%,
- The impact on the ecosystem ( ecotoxicity, etc…) is reduced by 34%,
- The impact on the climate change (CO2 emissions) is reduced by -33%,
- This new system needs 29% less natural resources.
- The quantity of water used for manufacturing is reduced by 26%,
- The quantity of water turbined to produce energy is reduced by 49%.
This new system is one of the lightest of the market. The bindings are 700g less than a traditional one. Available next season on 2012/2013 range.
Team, news, events, products... Enter your email address below and get a backstage access to the brand
Rossignol designs and produces a wide array of equipment and clothing for men, women and childrens in alpine skiing, nordic skiing and snowboarding.